Rosina here. Happy Saturday! I hope you\’re having a great weekend!
I had SO much fun cleaning house and doing laundry and taxes… oh the great fun of taxes lol.
Okay, so doing those things wasn\’t that fun, but at least I got the satisfaction of knowing I accomplished them.
I also spent some time writing emails for an educational series.
That was actually fun :).
So, how about a traffic method (surprise! 😆)
We\’ve talked about social media, solo ads, safelists and blogging.
I promised I\’d talk about traffic exchanges so how about we talk about that.
What is a traffic exchange?
A traffic exchange is a site where people have agreed to exchange traffic. Specifically other people agree to view your sites as long as you also agree to view their sites.
What does it involve?
- Sign up for a traffic exchange like my exchange, Elite Ad Exchange
- Add your site to the traffic exchange
- Spend time viewing other people\’s sites – usually you have to view a page for a specified number of seconds and (most of the time) then have to do some simple task to prove you are not just a bot clicking through pages
Positives of traffic exchanges
- You can get a lot of traffic for very little cost
- It\’s easy for anyone to do
- You get real people to view your pages as there are a lot of safeties in place to prevent bots and fake clicks
- It\’s something you can do while watching tv or something 😉
- You get to see a lot of things other people are promoting
Negatives of traffic exchanges
- You need to spend a lot of time viewing other people\’s sites – if done right, you can view a lot of sites relatively quickly and just like with safelists, you can get around this by paying for membership or buying credits, just makes it non-free
- The traffic is not very good – like with safelists, you might get 5% opt-in rate on a very good exchange and will generally be more like 1%-2%
- You can\’t send traffic exchange traffic directly to an affiliate link (which you shouldn\’t be doing anyway) or the product vendor will probably ban you quickly – you need to use either a splash page or an opt-in page in front of your affiliate link (the same applies to safelists)
My opinion of traffic exchanges
Traffic exchanges are an effective way to get a lot of traffic for very low cost if you are willing to spend the time on it or pay for membership.
I use traffic exchanges regularly, though I admit, I pay for membership on most of the ones I use. It\’s a way I can put my time to work while watching the news or mindless tv shows (which I don\’t do a lot of, but still).
So there you go, you\’ve learned a bit about traffic exchanges!
What is your opinion of traffic exchanges?
What have you heard from others about them?
Reply back and tell me about it!
Are there any specific traffic sources you\’d like me to cover? Reply and ask, and I\’ll cover them!
Don\’t forget to read Start With Why
To your success!
PPS. Have you joined Traffic Magic yet?
Traffic Magic will bring success to your traffic generation by bringing you 100% buyer traffic each and every month.